My dad talks a lot, and almost everytime. Sometimes, I get sick of listening to his voice. But everytime I feel that way, I'll tell my self that he's the only father that I have. Someday, when he's no longer alive, that would be something I'll miss the most. ( I pray to Him to grant my dad with a good health, and I'll be the one who go and meet Him first, not my dad.)
My baby sister had an exam today so my dad, my mom and I sent her to college and had lunch together. On our way back, my dad asked me about my plan when I'm done with my internship and my answer was,
Me: I'm not sure. I want to continue with my master but at the same time, I do feel like I wanna start working. But I don't wanna work at Damansara because it's far. If possible, I wanna work in KL area. Perhaps in your old office.
Abah: Ok, I'll ask my friends if there's any vacancy. I'm sure there is.
Me: But..... will they accept me if I only wanna work for 2 months? Because if I were to sambung in UiTM, it'll be in September. InsyaAllah, if I get to sambung at overseas, it will be in January. So tak sure lagi.
Abah: Oh so that's the case.
Me: But never mind, I'll do the solat istikharah and see what's best for me.
Abah: Okay then. Tapi why nak sambung sangat master?
Me: Sebab sekejap je if nak sambung. 1 year je. Rugi if tak sambung. After I'm done with master, kerja maybe for a year or two... Then nak sambung PhD....
Abah: Habis if nak sambung je memanjang bilanya nak kahwin?
Me: -________-" Apa abah ni. Tak pernah terfikir langsung kot pasal kahwin abah.
Abah: Awak ni kerja nak sambung, sambung je. Abah yang risau. Takut orang tak nak anak abah sebab education tinggi sangat.
Me: -_________-"
I have never expected to have such conversation with him. I guess I'm reaching the phase where everyone will start asking on when am I going to get married instead of what course I'm taking, which uni do I go. I'm saying the phase because I'm graduating soon. And when you finally have a degree, people will expect you to get a job and get married, and have children and the list goes on and on. You see, I'm not saying the age, please take note. I'm 22 years old, for god sake. I'm still young :( I can't imagine being a wife to anyone right now. Haha.

No comments:
Post a Comment