Wednesday, December 4, 2013

What Would You Do?

So you're eating nasi lemak sotong. While you're eating, you found a cockroach in it. What would you do?

i) throw everything and stop eating (I'll definitely do this)
ii) throw the cockroach and continue eating the nasi lemak.
iii) continue eating the nasi lemak as it is because it's so damn good. 


If you're the regular reader of this blog (ecewah) you'll notice my style of writing. I normally create a situation, then explain how would it be applied in daily life. (Ecewahh, again) 


So, the point is. As you can see, the coakroach is the negative element in the tasty nasi lemak. In life, there will be so many negative elements that surround you. It can exist by accident. But sometimes, it's just there. We can't run away from it because that's life. When there's negative elements/vibes or anything that could pull you down, you have to decide whether to vanish everything, part of it or just dont do anything.
But as for me, I'd opt for the first and third choice. Why?

i) I stop eating the nasi lemak because I realize the presence of the cockroach. If there's anything that would affect me negatively, I'll do something so that I wont be affected.

iii) If I happen to still eat the nasi lemak sotong, prolly because I haven't realized the presence of the cockroach. Or perhaps, at the first glance I tought it's the sotong, but only realized that it's not when I try to cut it into smaller pieces. Haha. It's like, I see people who always condemn me or always treat me wrong but I do nothing to him/her. Simply because, I'm strong enough to not be affected by them, in any ways. That explains why I'm still perfectly fine. Or maybe I just havent realized it yet, but eventually I'll be doing the (i).


Of course, everyone can decide whichever options they would choose. There's no right and wrong. When you make choices/decisions in life, you'll always find whether it's the right or wrong choice in future. Both choices will give you lessons, experiences. But as for me, I wouldn't do the second choice. Hell no. I don't know how do some people manage to do that. To be able to accept a yucky part and at the same time being able to reject another part of it. A gift from Allah, if I may say. A gift that only few were given.



That's all for today.
Assalamualaikum.





P/s: went to a seminar conducted in my faculty last Monday and I was taught about the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) which will help people to remove negative emotions, reduce food cravings, reduce or eliminate pain and implement positive goals :D sounds cool isn't it? I've been practising this technique since the day I went to the seminar and Alhamdulillah, it does help me to feel calmer eventhough I'm on the 12th week of lecture. Go google about this technique (if you're interested) cus I'm sure Mr Google can help in explaining what need to be done, better than me. Till then, byebye :)  

No comments: