Friday, August 8, 2014

My Experience as an Intern in FashionValet (Part I)

Hello people! 


People have been asking me about FashionValet. How much did I get, how's the environment, what did they assign me to do and few stuff. So I decided to write everything here, hope it will be beneficial to those interested working or doing their practical training there. 


I was bored at my rumah sewa in Seri Iskandar, I scrolled through my timeline, and saw FashionValet's post that they needed interns. So I decided to send my resume, since my parents were away, doing their Hajj. I had to start sending my resume, even though Ibu asked me to wait. You know, I just tried to do few things that I can do without my parents' helps. Few weeks after that (2 weeks, I guess) I got an email from Balqis asking me to come for an interview. I went to their office, she interviewed me, and I got accepted to be their intern. The interview was short, Balqis was so nice. There were few things that Balqis said about me, that I won't forget. Haha. (Not a bad thing though)


Hi Balqis!
The only pic of us two. 

Why did I choose this company?Simply because, I love fashion. Nope, it wasn't about that. It's because Vivy. Aiseyyyy. I hate to admit this cus if the FVTeam reads this, I'm sure they will be laughing hard. But yeah, my parents didn't like the idea of me doing my internship there, cus I got an offer at a better, well-known company. But I insisted doing my internship at FashionValet cus I wanna meet Vivy Yusof. I started following her on Instagram and read her blog when she decided to wear hijab. (My close friends know how badly I wanna wear hijab, how hard I try to tell my self, I do look good in it. But let's put that aside first) Did you know that I read every post on Vivy's blog, starting from the very first post? Those days in London, when she didn't expose her identity just because she's afraid that her dad will know about her, how she struggled her finals, having 2 papers in a day. Yeap, I read everything cus I was so obsessed with her.

Kak Vivy


I felt inspired after reading her blog. She was 23 when FashionValet operated. What do 23 years old girl normally do? Tell me! Yeah, I know. She was born on money, hell lots of money (perumpamaan) that's why she could start a business. But hey, if you guys surround yourself with those negative thoughts, you won't be able to see the positive sides. Yes, she's from the rich family but there are girls from rich family who do nothing, got nothing in their life when they are at her age. Those girls who only think about entertainment and stuff like that. Ada kan? Berlambak. So I told my self, "I need to meet her in person, I need to see her, I need to work with her so I can be like her, one fine day" Gittuw. So inspired by Kak Vivy yerrr.


So I started my internship on 27th January 2014. They didn't pay me much, in fact, I got the least allowance to be compared with my girls. But I told my self, it's okay. For the sake of knowledge and experience, let's do this!


I was so lucky that during that time, there were quite a
 lot of students who doing their internship. So, it wasn't that awkward la. I miss my intern buddies. Crack to the max. Then I met Nancy, Lisa and Aiman. They were amazing. So glad that I had a chance to work in their island.    


Malisa Amin! 


During that period, I still remember how excited I was to get to see Vivy in person. Like, "WEHHH AKU JUMPA IDOL AKU IN PERSON WEHH" that kind of feelings, you know. Haha. But I was quite sad because Vy wasn't as what I expect. I expected that my boss will come to me and ask me to introduce my self, just like what my girls' bosses did. It was quite depressing la cus on our first day of intern, each on of us shared their experience at our group whatsapp, and I was asked, "Thoyy, how's your first day? Best tak dapat jumpa Vivy?" and I could only answer, "Tah, I punya first day tak macam korang. Takde pun suruh kenal2 kan nama and stuff. Datang terus buat kerja" Even after almost a week of working, I still didn't get to talk to Vivy then I told my friends, "What if I cakap to Puan Wan that I nak tukar company" Yes, I was sad cus as what I've mentioned above, I applied to do my intern there because of Vivy. Hahaha. Then they told me not to proceed with that plan, every cloud has a silver lining!


If some of you didn't know, I'm taking BBA in Marketing. So after 2 weeks working in Operation Team, I finally got to work with the Marketing Team. Veen Dee Tan was my boss. Her insta? @deeecupps. If there's one thing I could say about her is, she's the nicest leader I've ever met and work with but of course, we human can never get enough of things. There were few things that made me did not like her, but afterall, she's my boss. Bosses are always right, that's why they got to be the boss. I'm just an intern, I mean, there might be few things that I'm right and she's not, but she has more experience than me, so I shall listen to her. I did hell lots of mistakes when I was in FV, but I've never been scolded by Veen Dee. The only thing she did was talk to me personally and told me that I did this, this and that wrongly. Me? I will say sorry and cry. Lol. I still remember that I cried while talking to her, and she handed me tissues for me to wipe my tears. If I ever cried in front of my boss in the future, I bet he/she won't do anything. Hahah. Dee, if you happen to read this, I want you to know that I'm really glad that I got to work with you, I learned a lot. Thanks Dee. *wipe tears* She might be small, but you have to meet her and work with her, then you will know what she's capable of.


Best Boss Ever


I kinda think that this post is too long already. I shall continue in Part II! Till then! xoxo

No comments: